Firstly, as we enter 2014, I would like to wish all the #DuskDubs family and listeners a happy and prosperous new year, and to mark this momentous moment we are truly blessed in bringing you the sounds of what can only be described as a true legend from the underground – Skeleton Army.
Skeleton Army aka John Morrow made his debut in electronic music while still in his teens, signing for the now legendary Moving Shadow as a member of drum & bass pioneers Foul Play, probably best known for their remix of Omni Trio's 'Renegade Snares', now considered a genre defining classic. After two Foul Play albums, John branched out from drum & bass to produce breaks and house, both solo and collectively under several aliases including Johnny Halo, whose releases on Cellar Door received worldwide DJ support.
In recent times, John has increasingly devoted himself to producing bass fuelled house music, with the birth of Skeleton Army.
Find him here : @skeleton-army
And : www.traxsource.com/artist/136508/skeleton-army
As always, catch us most nights on twitter via #DuskDubs ... and feel free to get involved.
Below are a few words from this week's selector:
‘Big thanks guys for asking me to get involved with DuskDubs. I originally said yes because it sounded like a lot of fun and a good excuse to go digging through my record collection, I then spent the following two weeks worrying whether my selection was 'Dubby' or 'Dusky' enough. I hope I got it right, what follows is basically a bunch of my favourite tracks in chronological order with something from most of the different genres I’ve been into over the last 30 years.
Hope you enjoy.‘
1. Techno Scratch - Knights Of The Turntables - 1984
2. Rhythm Takes Control - Unique 3 - 1990
3. Join The Future - Tuff Little Unit – 1991
4. 1999 - Satin Storm - 1991
5. Anything - A Guy Called Gerald - 1991
6. Single (Photek Remix) - Everything But The Girl - 1996
7. Lectric - Polar - 2002
8. Passion - Lawgiverz - 2003
9. Ziq Zaq - Modeselektor - 2005
10. Blaze (feat. Jahmalia) - Stanton Warriors - 2006
11. Body Language (Interpretation) - Booka Shade - 2006
12. Who's Afraid Of Detroit - Claude VonStroke - 2006
13. Olivia (Mao Remix) - Maribou State – 2012