This week we have the pleasure of welcoming back previous selector and good friend Nibbers for this week’s mixtape – it’s been far too long. Nibbers musical knowledge is second to none, so when we offer him the chance to select for Dusk Dubs, we know that he’s going to dig deep into that large vinyl collection of his, pull out some rarities, some classics and some leftfield balearic goodness – all with that personal interpretation of the Dusk Dubs ethos. One thing you can count on with Nibbers is that he truly and lovingly embraces the true meaning of the “Selecta”…. too “select and pass the records (vinyls) to the guy that is playing them on the soundsystem” …. which means it’s a total pleasure when Nibblers steps up.
Here are a few words from the man himself...
I have been asked to provide another selection for Dusk Dubs and I have happily obliged with great excitement. It’s always great fun selecting my favourite flavours for this tremendous project.
Again, I have tried to steer clear from very obvious “dubby” tracks as my idea of what I would want to listen at dusk it’s probably a bit different from anyone else. As ever with my selections, dub has more to do with an atmosphere created by the progression of the laidback tracks, more than a series of echoes, delays and heavy bass lines.
Dub is a feel and a very personal one.
This is my interpretation. Enjoy.
You can find him here:
1) DJ Harvey & Ashley Beedle – Voices Inside My Head (Acapella)
2) Quintus Project – Night Flight (Psychemagik Edit)
3) Woolfy vs Projections – Electric Storms
4) Luca & Brigante – Lucio
5) Jimmy Mc Griff – It Feels So Nice (I like it)
6) Lee Oskar – Haunted House
7) Micheal Shrieve – Transfer Station Blue
8) Chris Rea – On The Beach (Todd Terje Megamix)
9) Fertile Ground – You Take Me Higher
10) Sholto – The Sleeper
11) Nick Haim – I Don’t Know
12) Heavy Disco – Love Thy God (L.A. Trip Edit)