This week we welcome back Mode 8 to the Dusk Dubs family...
"My first dabble into electronic music was probably a lot latter into adult life than that of most people reading this. I was initiated into a fading era of nu-skool breaks and Ed-Banger electro, but soon my interests focused onto the more subtle sounds of techno and anything drenched in smooth bass.
The envious task of curating my third mixtape for the #DuskDubs series, and my first under the Mode 8 moniker, brought with it an opportunity to find new music. I have prepared for this mixtape as I would a DJ mix, and that is to focus on an idea and then go out and search for the sounds to build it, be it those in my own collection or those I have yet to discover. The end result is a selection that has about 40% of the tracks taken from my record own box and music that spans nearly two decades. It also offers a fairly accurate representation of where I am musically right now.
I would like to thank all the #DuskDubs crew for inviting me once again to make a contribution to this stunning project. I hope you enjoy the listen.
You can find him here:
1) Turzi – Colombe (Canblaster Remix)
2) Amon Tobin – Verbal (Prefuse 73 Mix)
3) King Midas Sound – Frequencies
4) Mr. Mitch – Oh
5) Drexciya – C To The Power Of X
6) Koreless – TT
7) Max Cooper – Automnemonic
8) B. Fleischmann – From To (Single Version)
9) The Acid – Animal
10) Pearson Sound – Asphalt Sparkle
11) Lone – 2 is 8
12) Si Begg, Cabbage Boy – Beautiful Air Terminal
13) Danny Brown – Grown Up (Instrumental)
14) DJ Rashad – Leavin (feat. Manny)
15) Commix – Japanese Electronics (Instra:Mental Moog Remix)
16) Deadboy – White Moon Garden
17) Bibio – Lovers’ Carvings